Friday, July 1, 2011

Ghosts of Pawn Stars

I just had a really scary dream/experience.

My eyes were open, and I was awake, but it was like there was a tornado coming through my window. I heard a lot of voices, like Rick from Pawn Stars, but that was the only one I could recognize. There was a lot of noise, so it was difficult to tell the voices apart. I couldn't move through the whole thing. I tried to say, "Fine, I'll leave," but I couldn't move my mouth. I wanted so badly to get out of my room. Everything felt real. The wind blowing into my ear was deafening, and the voices were scaring the fuck out of me.

I was finally able to move (after what felt like hours) and ran the fuck out of my room, but the noise and the wind faded before I made my way out. I didn't care, I kept running. It took me until I was sitting my my living room to realize I'd been running from a hallucination. I was breathing hard for a while after, I'm not sure if it's from the running or being so afraid. And now I feel and look exhausted, even though I had been sleeping well before this all happened.

I don't know why this happened, or what it was. I think it was a result of my (really, really, really irrational) fear of buying a haunted house. I haven't thought about that in months, though, so I don't know why it would happen now. I watched too many "paranormal" shows when I was a kid.

It sounds like sleep paralysis to me, but I'm not sure. I just hope it doesn't happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment